Andy Elwood Psychological First Aid
Andy Elwood Psychological First Aid – A WEMLIVE session
Host: WEM Trauma Lead Eoin Walker
Joined by: Andy Elwood
Length: ~1 hours 30 mins
CPD: 1.5 (estimated – self certified)
Ideal for: Health professionals of all grades, stages and training backgrounds
Join WEM’s Eoin Walker and Andy Elwood, a Psychological First Aid (PFA) facilitator, as he shares his valuable first-hand insights, including the tools he uses to navigate colleagues.
What you can expect:
– Examine how to create safety through interaction
– How to create calm patterns of well-being
– Explore self-care
– Learn quick rapport-building techniques
– How we orchestrate the embodiment of hope in people
– Key PFA lessons to build a strong and healthy mindset in the face of adversity
Despite developing resilience through his military service and search and rescue career, Andy has a personal life, like all of us, and that’s where his mental strength has been tested most. Divorce, caring for loved ones through illness, bereavements, building your own business whilst changing jobs, getting promoted and moving home are just some of the things which may be affecting you too, in addition to the challenges and responsibilities of work.