How to Handle Difficult Conversations, Piers Carter
CPD: 1.5 (estimated)
Ideal for: Health professionals of all grades, stages and training backgrounds
Piers Carter is a full-time coach, facilitator and speaker for Red10, running skills masterclasses for large companies on leadership and team dynamics. Will Duffin is a practising GP, expedition medic and WEM Education Lead who teaches communication skills at Bristol University.
In this interactive training, you’ll explore models and techniques to help you navigate challenging encounters with patients, relatives or clients in both clinical settings and in all extreme environments.
Join us to learn how to:
• Skilfully raise a sensitive or uncomfortable issue.
• De-escalate and diffuse aggression, inbound and outbound.
• Create a shared, non-confrontational understanding rooted in empathy.
• Turn a struggling client around during ‘summit night’ on a big mountain.
• Understand human behaviours using transactional analysis (TA).
• Successfully deal with complaints.
• Stop wondering why security guards always carry a pack of cigarettes…
How to Say Anything To Anyone by Shari Harley
Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes are High Paperback – 1 July 2002 by Kerry Patterson