Careers Panel Expedition Medicine
Expedition Medicine – everyone’s dream but how do you get your first trip?
The WEM Expedition Medicine Careers Live Session #9
Host: Eoin Walker
Joined by: WEM Founder Mark Hannaford, Emma Figures and Taryn Anderson
Ideal for: Health professionals of all grades, stages and training backgrounds
Find out how you can break into the incredibly rewarding world of expedition medicine by hearing from our extreme panel of specialists who have done it all!
WEM trauma lead Paramedic Eoin Walker, is joined by WEM Founder Mark Hannaford, Trainee GP Emma Figures and Nurse Taryn Anderson to cover your answers, including:
Find answers to:
– What experience and qualifications do I need?
– What kind of personal qualities are essential for expedition work?
– What resources are available for me to upskill?
– How do I fit expeditions around my other clinical and family roles?
– Where do I stand with medical indemnity?
– How will this pandemic change the expedition and travel landscape?
*with Exeter University Medical School